We have a brand new Color Challenge for February on Stylin' Stampin' INKSpiration and we would love to have you play along! I've seen this color combo in a lot of stores--on clothing, accessories, and home decor. It must be very popular right now.
This card just kind of took on a life of it's own, even though I was going for a clean and simple look.
I started with the background piece. I used the dots stencil and the Coastal Cabana blendabilities to create ombre, watercolor-ish looking dots. I really like the way it turned out and I'm sure I'll be experimenting with it some more.
Then, I needed a great focal point. I believe I've developed a new technique that I'm calling "you should've stopped while you were ahead" or YSSWYSA.....and you can say that any way you like.
- Dusted off the Perfect Pennants stamp set and die
- Tied the new Sale-a-Bration ribbon around the end
- Punched a couple of hearts from vellum and card stock
- Folded and fringe-cut a paper doily
- Created a blob (?) of baker's twine
- Added a button to cover the center of my blob
Eventually, I did have to stop. It was beginning to get out of control. However, I kind of like it. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to add your card to our Color Challenge link up. We would love for you to play along!