Welcome to the Monday Montage blog hop! My friends and I have created some great projects to inspire you. Be sure to take the time to visit all 10 stops.
We are still a few weeks away from the launch of the new catalog (June 2nd), but I'm very excited about a new product that is available now: Project Life by Stampin' UP!
Sadly, I've gotten away from doing scrapbooking in the past few years. I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to doing a layout. I want the perfect photos, the perfect paper, the perfect embellishments....you get the idea.
My smartphone has turned into my "scrapbook". The photos aren't perfect, but they are the perfect representation of everyday life. So this week, I finally printed some of my smartphone pics to create some Project Life pages. I couldn't believe how easy it was!
I like to keep my pages simple, and the coordinating cards make it a piece of cake. I know that I can easily go back and add more embellishments or journaling later.
My son doesn't let me take too many photos of him anymore, but I found enough for one page. Don't tell him! :0)
My daughter, on the other hand, has actually started to embrace posing for photos. We went to the park last week and she made sure that I had my camera ready.
If you are new to Project Life, here are a few of my beginner tips:
- PRINT THOSE PHOTOS! The good, the bad, and the ugly. Don't worry if they aren't perfect. I used the Printicular App on my phone to order prints and pick up at my local Walgreens. I ordered a Canon Selphy printer as my Mother's Day gift so I'll be able to do more printing at home.
- Tell the story. I hate to journal, but the small size of the journaling cards makes a daunting task more manageable.
- Get the journaling pens...they are fantastic.
- Embrace your handwriting. Your children will enjoy reading what you have written.
- Order an extra set of page protectors. Trust me on this one....I've already used more than half of my first package!
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit all 10 stops on the Monday Montage Blog Hop. You'll be amazed at the creativity within this group.