If you are looking for a super-easy, WOW, 3-d project.....look no further. While they may look a little intimidating, you can whip up a bunch of these in a very short amount of time.
Here are the supplies you'll need:
- 4-1/4" Square Tiles from a Home Improvement Store
- Cork Sheets from Stampin' Up (Item #119819)
- Hot Glue Gun
- 4" Squares of Designer Series Paper of your choice (I used Mocha Morning Specialty Paper on these samples--Item #122366)
- 3/16" Corner Punch (Item #119871)
- Modge Podge
- Foam Brush
- Clear Acrylic Spray
- Ribbon (optional)
- Cut cork sheets into 4-1/4" squares. Adhere to the bottom of the tiles with hot glue.
- Use corner rounder punch on the corners of each square of designer series paper.
- With foam brush, apply a thin layer of modge podge to the back of the paper. Adhere to the tile and smooth out any air bubbles. A brayer can be helpful.
- Allow paper time to dry. Apply a thin layer of modge podge to the top of the paper to seal the tile. You may apply a second coat if desired.
- Air bubbles may appear as you complete step 4. Use the brayer to smooth out the paper if needed.
- Once completely dry, spray tiles with acrylic spray. Repeat if desired.
- Allow tiles to dry and tie with ribbon for gift-giving.
I've had people ask if the coasters are absorbant. The answer is no. These are sealed and will not allow moisture to reach the paper. They are designed to protect your furniture surface. The tiles should not be placed in the dishwasher, but can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
If you would like to purchase any of the products shown here, please visit my Stampin' Up website.