Today, I'm sharing a simple project from my Sweet Treats class. Don't you just love the greeting with this image? It is perfect for packaging.......gum!
Here are Step-by-Step instructions:
- Cut Bashful Blue card stock measuring 3" x 7". Score long side at 2-1/2", 3", 5-1/2", and 6".
- Fold on score lines and adhere small flap with sticky strip to create an open-ended box.
- Punch holes in top and bottom of box approximately 1/2" from the end. I used the Crop-a-dile for this.
- Adhere a 1" x 3" piece of Old Olive designer series paper (from the Welcome Neighbor pack) to the bottom of the top portion of the box. Adhere a 1/4" x 3" piece of Real Red card stock directly above the Old Olive paper.
- Stamp train image in Basic Black ink onto a 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Color imae with Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Sahara Sand, and Real Red markers.
- Layer image onto a piece of Real Red card stock measuring 1-7/8" x 2-5/8". Place dimensionals on all four corners.
- Thread a 12" length of Real Red polka dot grosgrain through both holes that you punched in step 3. Slide bubble gum into box fully, pushing the ribbon down. Tie ends of ribbon and trim.
- Adhere train image to left side of box.
The train image is from the Whoo's Your Valentine stamp set. With images designed specifically to adorn treats like suckers and packs of gum, you'll find something you love to make all those valentines!