At our monthly club meeting for October, we made this adorable accordian tag album. Since a few members were unable to attend, I am going to post the directions here so that they may complete their projects at home and so that you can try your hand at this fun album, too!
Stamp Sets: Wanted, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Ink: River Rock, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream, River Rock, Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, Apple Cider Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Pretties kit, Small & Large Oval punches, Mini Binder clips, Tab Punch, Vintage Brads, Earth Buttons, Linen Thread, Crafter's Tool Kit, 1" circle punch
- The album base is a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock, but you can use any size of square cardstock. Fold the chocolate chip cardstock in half. Open the cardstock, and fold it in half the opposite way. You will now have "four squares". Fold 2 sides into the center, and open the cardstock again.....you now have "eight rectangles". Fold the cardstock in half again, bringing the four bottom rectangles up to meet the other four rectangles. Now accordian fold the album, with the opening to the top, creating a pocket.
- Cut 4 pieces of Apple Cider Designer Series Paper to 3" x 6". You'll use one piece for each panel.
- Panel 1--cut a slit appoximately 1 1/2" down between panel 1 and 2. Adhere the DSP to both panels. Tear panel 1 across to the end of the slit.
- Panel 2--Punch a partial circle in the top of panel 2 to create a small opening. Use sponge daubers to color a flower from the pretties kit--I used really rust and chocolate chip ink on this sample. Add a half-back pearl to the center of the flower and adhere to the bottom of panel 2. Stamp paisley from Wanted set in River Rock ink onto a confetti cream scrap. Stamp "fall" from everyday flexible phrases in Chocolate Chip ink over the paisley, then punch with the small oval. Layer with a larger chocolate chip oval, and adhere next to the flower.
- Panels 3 & 4--Cut 2 of the DSP pieces at 2 1/2". Adhere the other halves (3 1/2" piece) to the bottom of panels 3 & 4. Cut a slit down to the height of the DSP. Adhere the 2 1/2" pieces of DSP to the back of panels 3 & 4. On panel 3, you'll fold the paper down at an angle and add a button with hemp twine. On panel 4, you'll fold the paper over and add vintage brads to secure.
- Tags--Cut 4 pieces of Confetti Cream cardstock to 2 3/4" x 6". Stamp with images from the Wanted stamp set. Punch out tab punches from Wild Wasabi, River Rock, and Really Rust cardstock. Adhere tabs to tops of tags. Add a mini binder clip to another tag.
Here are some ideas for how to use your album:
- Gratitude Journal
- Display photos of grandkids
- Favorite fall pictures